Why should I study in Australia?

Over 600,000 international students across 140 countries choose to study in Australia each year. Recent surveys conducted by Studies in Australia indicate four main reasons why international students choose to study in Australia:

  • Globally recognised courses and institutions
  • Lively and multicultural lifestyle
  • Reasonable study costs
  • Beautiful weather and landscapes

How can I study in Australia? What is the enrollment process?

Application and enrolment procedures vary for each institution, so it’s best to contact institutions directly to learn more about specific application requirements. You can use the Studies in Australia course search tool to find a course of interest. Once you have found a course, you can contact the provider directly by submitting an enquiry through our website.

What are the minimum qualifications and requirements to study in Australia?

Each institution will have its own minimum English language and academic requirements. We suggest you contact the institution you’re interested in directly to learn more about their specific requirements. You can do so using the course search on our website. Once you find the course you’re interested in, click ‘Enquire now’ and this will put you in direct contact with the institution.

How much will it cost to study in Australia?

Tuition fees will vary depending on the course and institution.

What English language tests are acceptable for Australian student visas?

There are five different tests accepted for Australian student visa applications:

  1. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
  2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  3. Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
  4. Occupational English Test (OET)
  5. Pearson Test of English (PTE).

Can I work during my studies in Australia?

Yes, you can work while you’re studying in Australia. International students are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and unlimited hours during study breaks. There are no work restrictions for students completing a masters by research or doctoral degree. For more information about student visas and working rights, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

Can I change my course or institution if I don’t like it?

Yes, you can — although there are strict conditions and steps set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that you will need to meet and follow. We outline the steps to follow when changing your course or institution as an international student below:

  • Book an appointment with a student adviser
  • Consider visa requirements
  • Understand your financial obligations
  • Select a new course or institution.